For more than 50 years, St Joseph’s School, Millmerran has nurtured, educated and empowered the young people of Millmerran.
Founded under the guidance of the Sisters of St Joseph in 1959, the school’s ethos and spirit has remained unchanged and provides a remarkable foundation for all that we do in creating the very best educational environment for our students.
1999 saw major renovations to the school building, which was originally built in 1959, with the removal and replacement of walls and windows forming the basis of a move to a more appropriate and climate friendly environment for learning. Then principal, Chris Golightly enthusiastically oversaw this project.
Millmerran Power Partners Community Benefit fund was generous in providing funding for the multi-purpose sports court which was opened during Catholic Education Week in 2000.
This time also saw a move away from green tunics and beige shirts for the girls during winter to tartan skirts and a white shirt, which remains today.
In 2003, work began on upgrading the office and pre-school. This work took much longer than expected but in true St Joey’s fashion, this was worked around and the community joyfully welcomed its completion.
The addition of our Assembly Hall and roof for the sports court in 2010 has been an invaluable asset and we continue to look at ways to keep the facilities of St Joseph’s School, Millmerran strong for many years to come.